NFC West Update
The San Francisco 49ers and Reggie Bush have agreed to terms, the details of the contract are undisclosed at this time. Bush figures to be the primary third-down back and complement to Carlos Hyde in 2015. The 30-year-old running back, will now play for a fourth team and while his days as a featured back were short lived, if healthy he can still be a difference maker, particularly in the passing game. Bush is originally from California and played his college ball at USC, the move makes sense for both team and player considering that Frank Gore is no longer in San Fran and Hyde has not yet become an accomplished receiver out of the backfield.
– CB Perish Cox signs a 3-year deal for $15 million with the Tennessee Titans.
– DB Kendrick Lewis has signed a 3-year deal to play for the Baltimore Ravens.
– DB Ron Parker re-signs with the Kansas City Chiefs on a 5-year $25 million deal.
– OG Ben Grubbs has agreed to a 4-year $24 million contract with $8 million guaranteed.
– The Oakland Raiders have signed QB Christian Ponder which may end Matt Schaub’s tenure in Oakland.