The Dallas Cowboys have signed former Raider running back Darren McFadden to a two-year incentive laden deal that will pay between $3 and $5.5 million over the duration of the deal. The 2008 first round pick has never demonstrated durability and only had one 1,000 yard season in his seven years with Oakland. Cowboys’ owner and general manager Jerry Jones had hoped to draft his fellow Arkansas alumnus in the 2008 draft after acquiring the Browns’ 2008 first round pick during the 2007 draft. However, the Browns surprised everyone with a 10-6 record which resulted in the 22nd overall pick in 2008 instead of the Top 5 pick many assumed Jones had acquired. McFadden was selected fourth overall and Dallas settled on his Arkansas running mate Felix Jones instead. McFadden isn’t guaranteed a roster spot in 2015 due to very little guaranteed money in the deal.
In an effort to replace Bruce Carter, Justin Durant and unrestricted free agent Rolando McClain the Cowboys have signed linebacker Jasper Brinkley. Brinkley is a decent player but Dallas will count on defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to get him to play over his head. As it stands, Dallas’ starting linebacker corps includes: Sean Lee (returning from injury), Anthony Hitchens and Brinkley.
– S Marcus Gilchrist signs with the New York Jets.
– Tennessee Titans re-sign K Ryan Succop and DL Karl Klug.
– TE Anthony Fasano signs with the Tennessee Titans.
– TE Scott Chandler signs with the New England Patriots.
– RB DeAngelo Williams signs with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
– Kansas City Chiefs re-sign WR Jason Avant.
– DB Jimmy Wilson signs a 2-year $4.85 million deal with the San Diego Chargers.
– St. Louis Rams re-sign WR Kenny Britt to a two-year $14 million deal.