NFC West Update
The “BOOM” is back. The 0-2 Seattle Seahawks get their tone-setter back as Kam Chancellor has decided to end his holdout after sitting out of the vast majority of offseason programs and the first two games of the regular season. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Chancellor reported on his own accord and Seattle did not comprise on their stance towards his contract situation. Considering that Chancellor still has 3 years on his current deal it was unlikely that Seattle would acquiesce. Despite Seattle’s early season struggles, Chancellor’s attempt to force the front office’s hand was of no avail. The strong safety faces over $2 million in team-imposed fines but we suspect those fines will be waived. Unfortunately for Chancellor, he won’t recoup the money lost from the two game checks he missed.
In other news:
- The Cowboys have traded a future draft pick to acquire QB Matt Cassel from the Bills;
- The Bucs have waived DE Kourtnei Brown;
- The Ravens have waived RB Terrence Magee;
- The Colts have signed CB Josh Thomas;
- The Colts have waived RB Vic Ballard with an injury settlement;
- The Raiders have claimed CB David Amerson from the Redskins; and
- The Cardinals have released RB Kerwynn Williams.