2022 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 (New Year’s Edition)
Big, physical, nasty surprise at the TOP! 2022 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
1. Jacksonville Jaguars OT Ikem Ekwonu N.C. State
Remember the phrase, “we must protect this house” compliments of Under Armor? Well that’s the same sentiment here just that Trevor Lawrence is who the Jaguars need to protect and Ekwonu standing at 6’4 320lbs will do this with the upmost violence.
2. Detroit Lions EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux Oregon
Look up the word explosive and you see his picture. First guy off the snap every time and has been extremely productive.
3. Houston Texans EDGE Aiden Hutchinson Michigan
When you have the opportunity to get a guy who has a plan every play and couples that with his outstanding hands, technique, and extremely high motor you can’t allow him to pass here.
4. New York Jets CB Andrew Booth Clemson
Size, swag and ball skills what else would you want from the position. Jets have one of the youngest if not youngest secondary in the league and it needs help. Bryce Hall on one side and Booth on the other would go a long way in improving what was one of the issues going into the 2021 season for the Jets.
5. New York Giants EDGE George Karlaftis Purdue
A bull in the China shop who has devastating hand usage. I like what the Giants have up front from a run stopping stand point but they are missing someone who can be a consistent at rushing the passer. I do believe they have that in Azeez Ojulari but he’s not rushing every play as he has the ability to drop and play in space.
6. New York Jets (from SEA) WR Chris Olave Ohio State
The first WR off the board in this 2022 NFL Mock Draft. Olave can win and win consistently as he is an astute route-runner and may be the best to ever do it coming out of Ohio State.
7. Carolina Panhters OT Evan Neal Alabama
Plug and play stalwart at the left tackle position. Brings power size and consistency.
8. New York Giants (via CHI) QB Malik Willis Liberty
UBER talented prospect at the most important position. Can make up for some of the team’s short comings. Let the strongest arm in the draft carry them.
9. Washington Football Team S Kyle Hamilton Notre Dame
Hamilton is extremely rangy being able to cover the entire field in the blink of an eye. Also has the ability to come down hill clean and clear to make a play.
10. Atlanta Falcons DT Jordan Davis Georgia
Enter the best defensive tackle. A line of scrimmage wrecker, displacer, and outright bully! Pair him up with Grady Jarrett and you have instant one on ones with Jarrett and a guard or center. Davis rounds out the top 10 of this 2022 NFL Mock Draft.
Don’t sleep on the perimeter weapons in the 2022 NFL Draft Class!
11. Denver Broncos OT Darian Kinnard Kentucky
I believe the Broncos could potential have the ability to run the ball down teams’ throats or throw it all over the yard. But they must protect the franchise (quarterback).
12. Minnesota Vikings CB Derek Stingley LSU
With Patrick Peterson on a one year deal the revamping of the corner back position continues. Stingley Jr. is a smooth, fluid mover, who has the size and range to close on the ball.
13. New Orleans Saints WR Treylon Burks Arkansas
Finally the Saints do the right thing and concern themselves with the receiver position. Getting a guy who is not only big, but elusive and fast!
14. Cleveland Browns WR Garrett Wilson Ohio State
Odell Beckham Jr. out and Garrett Wilson in. Before the catch, he has a plan. During the catch, plays above the rim. And after the catch he’s silky smooth. Coming from wider receiver U!
15. Pittsburgh Steelers OT Kenyon Green Texas A&M
Extremely versatile played both guard positions and now playing left tackle. Easy mover and can reach second and third level like it’s an everyday thing.
16. Los Angeles Chargers DL DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M
They can’t stop the run! They soft up the middle! Leal can play all DL positions and will allow Brandon Staley to put his best front 3 or 4 in the game regardless of down and distance and play them where it would serve the defense best.
17. Las Vegas Raiders WR Jahan Dotson Penn State
Too easy here. The Ruggs replacement, can play above the rim and move much like Hunter Renfrow with game breaking speed.
18. Baltimore Ravens CB Kaiir Elam Florida
He is the Ravens prototypical cornerback. He will allow the Ravens to move Marlon Humphrey around with much more confidence and consistency matching him up against the other teams best receiver.
19. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA) CB Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner Cincinnati
He has not allowed a TD in his entire college career!!!!
20. Philadelphia Eagles EDGE David Ojabo Michigan
Potential… could be the best pass rusher in this draft when it is all said and done.
Big shake up at the bottom of the 1st Round!
21. Miami Dolphins (from SF) C Tyler Linderbaum Iowa
Arguably the best offensive linemen in the country and someone who you can plug and play with no concerns. The Dolphins biggest issue is the front and this pick will go a huge way in fixing that issue.
22. New England Patriots WR Jameson WIlliams Alabama
We can all agree that for New England to be successful in the playoffs they will have to have playmakers outside of the run game? Let’s take the first step in bringing in a guy who can take a 12 yard catch for 60!
23. Philadelphia Eagles (from IND) LB Devin Lloyd Utah
Love his ability to go sideline-to-sideline and get down hill quick, fast, and in a hurry whether he is beating would be blockers or shedding those blockers.
24. Arizona Cardinals CB Roger McCreay Auburn
One of the few needs of the Cardinals and a guy who can will have some growing pains but will be an immediate impact player.
25. Buffalo Bills OT Charles Cross Mississippi State
The Bills gonna do what they which is pass so let’s do the right thing here and pair them with one of the better pass blocking offensive linemen prospects to give Josh Allen time to survey the field so he can get it to the playmakers.
26. Cincinnati Bengals EDGE Travon Walker Georgia
Play him opposite Trey Hendricks. or add him to the rotation to strengthen what you already have.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M
Spiller gives the Bucs what they are now getting out of Lenard Fournette and what they were hoping to get out of Ronald Jones. He’s just younger, elusive and has outstanding vision.
28. Detroit Lions (from LAR) QB Kenny Pickett Pittsburgh
Uses the entire field and has some athletic ability to move in and out of the pocket. Has the arm, mind and is a leader.
29. Tennessee Titans LB Nakobe Dean Georgia
I don’t know that the Titans have a player at the second level who can cause havoc when blitzing and can play in space as equally well as Nakobe Dean.
30. Dallas Cowboys S Jaquan Brisker Penn State
Defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has shown his ability to be versatile with a resurgent Dallas defense. Why not add a versatile safety to help continue building the Dallas defense specifically at the third level.
31. Kansas City Chiefs WR Drake London USC
Finally we have found the guy opposite Tyreek Hill. Drake London who is much like all the other receivers on the Chiefs roster is a big play waiting to happen in space. The difference here is he has a catch radius to aid in his attributes.
32. Green Bay Packers WR David Bell Purdue
Whether he is the Davante Adams’ replacement or a compliment to Adams along with Allen Lazard. Bell brings a skill-set to the table that is similar to Adams, reliable and has the ability to go up and get the ball.