Bill O’Brien fired.
After an 0-4 start to the 2020 NFL Season, the Houston Texans have fired now former head coach Bill O’Brien. Referred to as “BOB” by us at Couch Potato General Manager; O’Brien became head coach in Houston in 2014. He managed a 54-52 record overall including a 2-4 record during the postseason. A history of contentious relationships with players and members of the front office prevailed during O’Brien’s tenure.
Still, inexplicably, O’Brien took over general manager duties in 2019 and was officially named general manager of the Houston Texans in January of 2020. During Obrien’s stint as GM, BOB made a series of egregious personnel decisions routinely failing to get what many considered proportional compensation for players of DeAndre Hopkins and Jadeveon Clowney’s caliber. O’Brien seemingly “overpaid” for talent and/or players with a diminishing skill-set almost routinely (Laremy Tunsil, Daivd Johnson, Brandin Cooks).
O’Brien’s short-sighted and combative approach to leadership finally resulted in his dismissal as both head coach and GM this week. Bill O’Brien fired by the Houston Texans.
- Start/Sit – NFL Week 7 – Fantasy Football Lineup Advice
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 7
- Start/Sit – NFL Week 6 – Fantasy Football Lineup Advice
- HC Quinn & GM Dimitroff FIRED! Atlanta Falcons move on after starting 0-5
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 6