Couch Potato General Manager
Prospect Rank – #6
Position Rank – #3 Edge Rusher
Brian Burns 2019 NFL Draft Profile
College: Florida State
CPGM Headley’s Prospect Notes –
- Can beat you in a multitude of ways, whether it’s in a 2 point or 3 point stance
- Can drop back into coverage showing natural awareness
- Best pass rush move is his swim move
- Long arms/Length are helpful in getting to the quarterback
- Has an array of pass rushing techniques and moves
- Has no problem winning with bend around the edge
- High potential player that wins with his length (second and third step), a good understanding of containment and being in the right spot
- Best college tape is when he’s wider than the tackles with his hand in the ground but a move to OLB in a 3-4 shouldn’t be a problem.
- Want to see more dog out of him
- Lacking in functional strength which allows him to get washed out of plays at times
- At times rushes up the field with no secondary move so quarterbacks can easily step up (want to see him add a bull rush).
CPGM Drew’s Prospect Notes –
- Extremely explosive/fast off the snap specifically in a 3 or 4 point stance
- High Motor
- Willing to run down field to chase a play; always has his eyes on the ball on his way to the backfield
- Effective in stunts and blitzes
- Has great lateral movement, appears to have long arms and uses them well
- I’m not sure he always had a plan on each play in ’17 makes me wonder how many tools are in his tool box; fast forward to ’18 he cleaned it up, grew in terms of technique
- Can close in a hurry when he has his targets in his sites
- Smart player who understands his role and what he is responsible for within the scheme
- Doesn’t ad-lib
- He has an extra gear (third step) when tackle attempts to recover in pass pro set
- Plenty of bend and flexibility
- Coffees for closer, get that man his coffee! He knows how to finish.
- A definite issue is Burn’s size and it shows when he makes a move to go inside and there is no real push but he isn’t getting mauled either so I imagine adding size would alleviate that
- Double teams and chips did slow him down.