Believe it or not the 30-year-old wideout coming off a season where he caught ‘zero’ touchdown passes is an improvement to the Browns’ receiving corps sans Josh Gordon. As it stands currently Bowe should start opposite recently acquired Brian Hartline but the diminutive pair of Andrew Hawkins and Taylor Gabriel are probably the most talented receivers on the roster. Bowe provides a big target outside the numbers and his value comes from his ability to make contested catches. Meanwhile, Bowe’s ability to consistently separate is a thing of the past. The Browns could very well continue to address the receiver position in Round 1 of the draft with the 12th overall pick or the 19th overall pick.
– DT Nick Hayden re-signs with the Dallas Cowboys.
– DT Aytha Rubin signs 1-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks.
– RB DuJuan Harris signs 1-year deal with the Minnesota Vikings.
– After being released by the Raves for being arrested for DUI, RB Bernard Pierce has been claimed off of waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
– The Chicago Bears re-sign TE Dante Rosario.
– The Atlanta Falcons sign TE Tony Moeaki to a 1-year deal.
– CB Sterling Moore agrees to a 1-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Moore is the third former Cowboy to sign with the Bucs this offseason.
– CB Patrick Robinson agrees to a 1-year $2 million deal with the San Diego Chargers.
– CB Alan Ball agrees to a 1-year $2 million deal with the Carolina Panthers.
– TE Jacob Tamme and the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a 2-year deal.
– DT Devon Still re-signs with the Cincinnati Bengals.
– The San Diego Chargers sign DT Mitch Unrein to a 2-year deal.