NFC East Update
The Philadelphia Eagles made offensive guard Evan Mathis the most sought after free agent after his release today. Mathis who was scheduled to make $5.5 million with the Eagles in 2015 was a no show at Eagles OTAs because of a contact dispute the last 2 seasons with management. Mathis will be an upgrade to most offensive lines as he is still a productive guard but will probably not fetch close to the $5.5 million he was scheduled to make. Now the Eagles will look to replace Mathis who was rated by Pro Football Focus as the best rated offensive guard from 2011-2013 to help protect injury riddled quarterback Sam Bradford. This is yet another quality player head coach and personnel Czar Chip Kelly has shown the door, 2015 will be a pivotal season for Kelly and the Eagles organization as a whole.
In other news:
– The Miami Dolphins have signed DT C.J. Mosley to a 1-year deal
– QB Matt Flynn has signed with the New England Patriots
– The New England Patriots have waived TE Tim Wright
– The San Francisco 49ers have re-signed exclusive rights free agent Michael Wilhoite to a 1-year deal for $660K
– QB Tavaris Jackson has signed with the Seattle Seahawks