Couch Potato General Manager
Prospect Rank – #8
Position Rank – #1 Offensive Tackle
Jonah Williams 2019 NFL Draft Profile
CPGM Headley’s Prospect Notes –
- One of the cleaner prospects in the class
- Polished technician that does everything well
- Gets off the snap quickly
- Mauler in the run game, ability to pull with ease, blocks initial lineman with the awareness to disengage and get to second level
- Great slide step to get in position for pass rush, folks want to move him inside because of short arms but he is a plug and play tackle.
- Sometimes his hands can be a little too slow which allows defenders that use their hands well to disengage
- Average functional strength to play an interior offensive line position at the next level.
CPGM Drew’s Prospect Notes –
- Hard nose no nonsense guy
- A plug and play guy, you’re not going to have to worry about him
- Appears to have the footwork and wherewithal to play both tackle and guard; I prefer him at the former
- Adept at getting to the second and third level and making the smaller but faster defenders pay
- Excellent at mirroring would be defenders in the pass game having his hips, legs and hands all in sync with one another
- Quick to deliver that punch
- Strong, quick and solid anchor when he is first to get his kick step out
- Better run blocker than pass blocker as he looks to relish mauling and getting his hands on the would be defender
- Strong at the point-of-attack.
- Not being in a deep pass drop game would be best and most ideal
- Inconsistent depth on pass pro set; not sure if this was a scheme or technique issue
- Edge players that are both quick, strong and or know how to use leverage (converting that speed to power) may cause him problems with those short pass sets.