We were wondering why Terrance Knighton wasn’t garnering more interest but reports suggest Knighton is out of shape and teams were uncomfortable signing him to a long term deal. Knighton settles for a 1-year $4 million deal to play for the Redskins. Raiders’ head coach Jack Del Rio chose Dan Williams over Knighton despite being one of Terrance’s biggest fans having coached the nose tackle in Jacksonville and Denver previously. That decision was particularly telling with respect to Pork Chops’ market. If the two-down space eater can get his weight and conditioning under control this could wind up being one of the best value signings of the off-season.
Additional moves around the league:
– DE/OLB Akeem Ayers signs a 2-year deal to play for the St. Louis Rams.
– OG Paul Fanaika signs 3-year $8.1 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.
– The Kansas City Chiefs trade for guard Ben Grubbs, sending a 5th round pick to the New Orleans Saints.
– DE/OLB O’Brien Schofield signs with the Atlanta Falcons.
– DL Vance Walker signs a 2-year $4 million with the Denver Broncos.
– The Houston Texans sign FS Rahim Moore to a 3-year $12 million deal.
– DE Adrian Clayborn signs with the Atlanta Falcons.
– DT Henry Melton signs a 1-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.