- There are still 3 undefeated teams left. The Seahawks, Jaguars, and Redskins are the favorites to win the grand prize of $400. The Seahawks retain the number 1 spot as they’ve beaten tougher opponents. The Jaguars leads the league in point differential. And although the Redksins have played some closer games they are still undefeated.
- Let’s get into all the divisions starting with the AFC East. What was once a 3 team race now has turned into a 2 team battle with the Jets losing 3 in a row. The Patriots are the hotter team but they did lose a 7 point game to the Dolphins in Week 2. This division may come down to their week 17 showdown at Gillette Stadium. Can the warm weather Dolphins pull out a win in December against the Pats?
- Two struggling teams in the AFC North looks to get on track and make a playoff push in the second half of the season. The 5-3 Steelers was riding high after beaten the Ravens and Chargers in back to back weeks, but have dropped the last two against the Dolphins and Colts. Meanwhile the Ravens weren’t able to take advantage of the Steelers losses and have also loss the last two games in blowout fashion versus the Seahawks and Patriots.
- The Jaguars are still the team to beat in the AFC South, but the Colts are one of the hottest teams in the league with their 6 game winning streak. The Titans will need to fight back into playoff position after losing 3 in a row before their week 9 win and the Texans aren’t the same team we saw earlier in the season. The good news for the Colts is that they haven’t faced off yet against the Jags and will get their first crack at them in Week 11.
- The Chargers have taken control of the AFC West while the Raiders and Broncos struggle with consistency. Will the real Raiders please stand up as they won their first 3 games, loss 3 straight, and now are back on a 2 game winning streak. The Raiders have 2 games left against the Chargers this season so this division is far from over.
- The Redskins continue to have a strangle hold of the NFC East, but the Cowboys are hot winning 3 straight including a 87-7 shellacking of the Eagles. Speaking of the Eagles, they are battling the Giants for last place in the East.
- The Lions went on a 4 game win streak before their week 9 loss to the Raiders, but it will be far fetched for them to catch a dominate Bears team. The outspoken Bears continue to win football games despite NANO allegations and having a target on their back.
- It looks like the Buccaneers have separated from the pack in the NFC South with a 3 game win streak before their week 9 one-point loss to top ranked Seattle. However, I wouldn’t count out the Saints as they’ve loss some close games against good competition and have good wins versus the Cardinals and Cowboys. The Falcons are still in the thick of things also and can be a thorn in the side of the Buccaneers and Saints.
- While the Seahawks are probably not going to be caught in the division, there is an interesting battle for 2nd place between the Cardinals, 49ers, and Rams. The Cardinals are struggling losing 3 straight including a loss against the division rival 49ers. The Rams beat the 49ers and the 49ers beat the Cardinals so I can’t call it on who will get a wild card berth and make the playoffs out of those three teams.
Live Madden streams please follow us on Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/cpgmlive/videos
Video coverage of the NFL, NFL Draft, and Fantasy Football subscribe to the YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwjnyztObLc8Fpb91mjciHQ
For written content please visit the website – https://couchpotatogm.com/
Please keep up with all of the above by joining the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1616335268640964/