Arguably the top Senior wide receiver prospect in the 2023 NFL Draft Class. Rashee Rice boasts an all-around skill-set that at a minimum will result in a Day 2 pick. In fact, Couch Potato General Manager mock drafts typically has the Rashee Rice NFL Draft stock in the mid-to-late 1st round area. Rice put up BIG numbers during the 2022 season at SMU, finishing 2nd in yards (1,355), 4th in receptions (96), and tied for 10th in the FBS in receiving touchdowns (10).
- Texas State (2020)
- Maryland (2022)
- TCU (2022)
- Central Florida (2022)
- Houston (2022)
- South Florida (2022)
- Tulane (2022)
- Memphis (2022)
Strengths & Areas of Opportunities
- Effective at every level of the field (short, intermediate and deep).
- Redzone threat.
- Does a remarkable job of tracking the football.
- Impressive body control and ability to adjust to off target throws and 50/50 balls.
- Attacks the football at its highest point.
- Hands catcher, does a good job keeping the ball off his frame.
- Natural ability to create additional yardage after the catch.
- Rarely goes down on first contact once becoming a ball-carrier.
- Physical demeanor and play style apparent in the way he catches, runs and blocks.
- Solid release package to beat bump & run coverage.
- Above average separator at college level, but room to grow as a route-runner.
- Wasn’t asked to run a full route tree.
- Will need to stack defensive backs more consistently at the next level.
- Ball security issues arise because he’s trying to score on every touch (double-edged sword).
- Needs to cleanup concentration drops.
- Opposing defenses never seemed to have a plan for him.
- Week-to-week level of competition wasn’t great, but he dominated.
Courtesy of sports-reference.com
DRAFT GRADE LEGEND:
- Couch Potato GM
- Priority UDFA
- Day 3 Traits Based Selection
- Day 3 Backup/Rotational
- Day 2 Eventual Starter
- Day 2 Plug and Play
- Day 1 Pro Bowl
- Day 1 All Pro
- Day 1 Hall of Fame
RASHEE RICE NFL DRAFT GRADE = 7.5
SYSTEMIC FIT = SPREAD (Boundary & Slot)
|Testing & Evaluations (TBD)|