NFC East Update
The much maligned Redskins’ offensive line at the very least has 3-time Pro Bowl selection, left tackle, Trent Williams to continue to build around. Williams and Washington have agreed to a 5-year $66 million extension that comes with $43.5 million in guaranteed money. When healthy Williams is a dominant left tackle that is just as adept at pass protection as he is run blocking. This deal on an annual basis makes Williams the highest paid left tackle in the NFL and it will be his responsibility to protect freshly minted starting QB Kirk Cousins’ blindside in 2015.
- San Francisco 49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks has been indicted on misdemeanor sexual battery charges;
- The Buccaneers have signed K Connor Barth formerly of the Denver Broncos;
- The Falcons have released/waived RB Evan Royster;
- QB Rex Grossman has signed a 1-year deal with the Falcons;
- S Taylor Mays has signed a 1-year deal with the Raiders;
- The Browns have waived G/C Ryan Seymour;
- QB Pat Devlin has signed with the Browns;
- The Patriots have waived/injured DE Jake Bequette;
- S Will Hill has signed a 1-year extension with the Ravens;
- The Eagles have waived/injured LB Emmanuel Acho;
- QB Josh Johnson has signed with the Jets;
- The Patriots have released DT Antonio Johnson; and
- S Stevie Brown has been released by the Giants.